Radio Man

because I love Radiohead, and because I believe they would agree with my streaming their work for free, and because I don't particularly care after they shitchanged my employer out of record sales to stick it to the man (something I remain conflicted about. I think I love Blair Elliott and his family more than I love Radiohead, so there EMI), and because if someone doesn't like it they can just come and sue these videos right off the internet and because i know my friends love Radiohead as much as I do and deserve to see this without buying it, and because the quality isn't great anyway, and because it originally aired on VH1, I'm going to post this free studio concert on Film Punk. A first if I'm not mistaken. I'd like to thank my TiVo. I've also uploaded the few videos I didn't have a few days ago. Thanks, America! Watch, Watch!
Bodysnatchers

Nude

Myxamatosis

Weird Fishes/Arpeggi

Optimistic

House of Cards

15 Step

Reckoner

Where I End And You Begin

Bangers 'n Mash

Go Slowly

All I Need

Videotape

The Gloaming

Bonus: Radiohead on SNL in 2000. Kate Hudson was the host, so I'd marry this episode if I could. I'd like every episode of every television show to feature both of these guests. Brief Note, Recently on Elvis Mitchell: Under The Influence, Laurence Fishburn likened the work of his favorite actors to Thelonious Monk's dancing when his band would swing just right. When he felt he no longer had to aid the band, he could simply enjoy his creation, thus Fishburn's talk of an actor's Swing. When Peter Lorre and Sydney Greenstreet act in Maltese Falcon or whenever Peter O'Toole walks in front of a camera, we have Swinging. I'd like to submit a modern take on his example. When he speaks of Thelonious Monk dancing to his own music, I was immediately reminded of the wild dance I'd seen Thom Yorke do when I saw Radiohead perform a few years ago and in the many filmed performances I've watched. This, friends, is swinging.
Idioteque

Here they are on the Late Show in 2003, rocking as hard as they ever have. There's something truly heart-warming about seeing all of them in suits, Jonny especially. Three guitars, wonderful attire, blistering noise, a delightful time had by all. I should point out that this was from the first DVD I ever burned consisting of performances from live TV. This was when I was first getting into Radiohead and seeing this was like being given the combination to a vault.
2+2=5


And here, because I'm in a particularly anarchical mood, and because I'm writing a speech about this band for a class, is their 2007 masterpiece In Rainbows Side A in it's entirety. Absolutely Free

15 Step
Bodysnatchers
Nude
Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
All I Need
Faust Arp
Reckoner
House of Cards
Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Videotape

I love this band like a member of my family.

No comments: